But it wasn’t exactly what I needed, so I decided to build a modified version.
The Modified Dark Welder, or Dark Welder 2.0, has a foot switch that triggers a precise welding current pulse that is always the same length of time – no matter how long you hold down the button.
And in my new version, the button is now a foot pedal to keep your hands free.
The best part is: IT WORKS!
Off we go:
Stuff mentioned in the video:
- Check out Kevin Dark’s original welder
- Kevin Dark’s YT channel
- Capacitor Charge calculator
- Capacitor Discharge calculator
Also, don’t miss his nifty 18650-powered DIY electric skateboards!
Click to view larger version:
- Gebildet Pedal Switch
- 4700 uF 63V electrolytic capacitors
- Schottky 5A 100V diodes
- 150 ohm 2W resistors
- Copper nails
- Lighted pushbutton switch
- 12V, 10Ah, 150CCA lead acid battery
- 16mm^2 wire
- Large domino (screw terminals to hold welding cables + copper nails)
That’s all, folks!