This video is a continuation of Part 3!!
What happens if you want to set up a home network, but you already have existing Ethernet cabling and wall jacks?
While it may seem simple, it turns out that you need to do some investigation first.
In Part 1 of this video, I described the different types of patch panels you may find in your home, how they work, and how you will use them (or not).
In this video, I’ll show exactly how to connect everything!
Finally, if you haven’t seen the earlier vids in this series, start from the beginning: “No more Wifi” Series
Goodies in the video (affiliate links):
- Punch Down Tool
- 100 pass-through Ethernet connectors
- Ethernet connector crimping tool
- Network Cable Tester
- Open House H628 Ethernet Patch Panel
- Open House H618 Telephone Patch Panel
- Legrand AC1068 8-Port Cat 6 Ethernet Panel
- D-Link 8-port Gigabit Switch
If you have any questions, contact me.