After dealing with nothing but hyped-up descriptions of the Technological Wonderland that awaited us, now even mainstream techie news seems to be all about bashing 5G instead of promoting it.
In short, reality sunk in.
I suspect we’ll see some rather substantial evolutionary changes in wireless service instead of the revolutionary changes we’ve been promised – and that’s not necessarily a bad thing!
In other recent news, Qualcomm claims they have a new light-pole-enabled 5G mm-wave system using Ericsson equipment that extends the range up to several miles. Unfortunately, they neglected to disclose the SPEED of this long-range millimeter wave contraption!
So, I guess the hype part isn’t totally over just yet…
Stuff mentioned in the vid:
- Video: 5G is just the tip of the iceberg
- How to disable 5G on the OnePlus 8 from AndroidCentral
- The ‘race’ to 5G is a myth from CNN
- At this point, 5G is a bad joke from Computer World
- DoCoMo claims it can smash the 5G glass barrier on LightReading.com
That’s all, folks!